Field Assigning Procedures
1. Field assignor may be reached by:
Please note - The Borough controls field closings. To get on the distribution list for field closures - email Paula Weiant at
During the week, an email will be sent to EYA and we will mark the fields as closed and you and your team will be sent an email that the fields are closed and your game is canceled. Please use your best judgment on the weekends, if it's raining please do not use the fields.
A. By email;
- Click on the Hey Coach (this page) menu option on the web site, which has these instructions and a link to the field assignor email address. TEXT OR E-MAILS TO ANY OTHER ADDRESS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
2. Practice requests should contain the following information to ensure accuracy:
League (eg. Boys A, AA, Jr. Girls, Pixies)
3.To find Available Fields:
A. From the Master Schedule Menu option on the main page of the web site, you will be shown a list, by week, of the fields and available times. You can also, from this view, click on a particular field to see the entire field availability. To do this, click on the icon to the left of the field name. You can request any time slot that you see AVAILABLE in the Team column. If there is no time slot listed then the field is not available that day or you will see a team listed in a particular time slot.
B. Another view to find available field time is on the main page of the web site, under the Field Status you will see a Calendar. Just click on a day and you will be shown the same view as mentioned above – a list of all fields, by week. From there you can also click on a particular field to see the entire schedule.
4. Requests are handled in the order they are received, first come, first serve basis.
5. Confirmation of the field request will be the automatic email that comes from the web site once the request has been processed. All team members will also be sent an email.
6. All practices are scheduled into a 5:00-7:00pm, 7:00-9:00pm time slot for the Legion field, Williams, and Kiwanis. All other fields will have a 6:00pm-8:00pm time slot. Start times are flexible during the week.
7.Practices may and will be scheduled on any field that is suitable (baselines, drops, etc.) for your team/league. No practice team has a home field for practice except for Jr. & Sr. Legion. If you are unsure of the base drops, see the Directions menu option on the web site which states the base drops as well as which Divisions are able to use the field, along with directions to the field.
8. Games will not be moved to accommodate a practice. Games take priority over practice. Practices may be moved or canceled to reschedule a game.
9. Rain outs: if your game was rained out and you need to reschedule, follow procedure above to see what fields are available and email your request.
10 The field assignor may not schedule practices on Fire Co. #2’s field. Fire Co. #2 needs to be contacted regarding use of their fields by the assignor. After the field is scheduled by Fire Co. #2, you must contact the EYA field assignor so that it can be posted on the website.
11. Coaches must notify the field assignor if they are not going to use the field they were assigned. This is important as we have many teams sharing the same fields and someone else can use the field if you are not.
12 Only the head coach of the team may request field time. If the head coach is unavailable to do so, it is their responsibility to inform the assignor who their alternate will be. This request should be emailed to
13. If a game has to be rescheduled, every attempt will be made to place your game on the same field.
14. Teams wanting to use the Legion field for games must schedule their games early in the season, as not to interfere with the Jr. & Sr. Legion season.